Saturday, August 22, 2009

Vital Smart Conference

August 11 & 12: Several of the trainers in my department attended a Vital Smarts conference. The authors wrote the books: Crucial Conversations, Crucial Confrontations and The Influencer.

I'm not a trainer for any of those topics, but it was interesting to learn a few new techniques in presenting videos and telling stories (cuz we know I love to do that).

The conference was held at the Grand America Hotel. I'd only been there once, during the Paralympics in 2002 but I'd only been in the lobby.

I was fascinated by the gardens and the chandeliers. We took a tour of the rooms and they were incredible!

Of course, my handy dandy camera is almost always in with me, so I took some pictures.

Two of the chandeliers:


The Garden:



The Flowers:



And the view from the Presidential Suite:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I want to stay there!!!!!!!!

Niya said...

Lovely pics. Thanks.

Regards,
photoshop masking