Saturday, January 23, 2010

Zermatt Resort

Last weekend, Eric and I joined Evan and Kirsten, Ryan and Dax, and Sarah and Brian in Midway for dinner at the Zermatt Resort. We then took a tour of the ice castles growing in the front of the resort.

It's worth the drive to see the ice castles. Kirsten knows I'm an amateur photographer and suggested this location. It was brilliant!

Here are my favorite captures of the day:
I included this one with Eric because, I love that he's in it and it shows the size of the castles.





I will go back in February to see how much it's grown. It was really cool.

(side note: don't eat at the restaurant: Schneitter’s Restaurant. It was $35 per person for a buffet style dinner. It wasn't horrible food, in fact it was good, but it wasn't $35 dollars good AND it was buffet! For $35!)

(side note: two drinks (Cokes) got spilled all down my back and they took off only 50% of my meal off the bill. The waitress said they wouldn't allow for more of a discount. If I'd been in a worse mood, I would have fought pretty fiercely for the meal to be free. But why should I have to? They also didn't offer to clean my clothes. And I wonder: what if I'd been clearly wealthy? or influential? Why do I need to ask you to clean my clothes?...for such an "upscale" resort, it seems to be logical to offer a cleaning service for you spilling on me WITHOUT me having to cause a scene. I have written a letter to them expressing my unhappiness. I don't expect to hear from them.)

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

Those ice castles are beautiful. I would love to go up there and check them out. Ummmmm, I would be pretty upset about getting 2 cokes spilled down my back and they only offer 50% off. I'm pretty sure they could figure a way to make your meal free.

Unknown said...

I too love those pictures of the ice castles. How fun to see and photograph!

And hopefully you will hear back from the restaurant WITH a gift card enclosed!

Anonymous said...

I feel really bad that you did not like the restaurant all that much. But, just to clarify, it was a Coke and a Diet Coke. HA HA Just kidding. I just wanted to be difficult. :)