Saturday, November 20, 2010

Farewell, My Friend


This past week, a friend of mine passed away from complications of pneumonia. It was shocking for all of us who counted him a friend.

He was one of those people, that other people want to be like. He was kind, generous, supportive and loyal to his friends. And he made friends easily.

There wasn't a time when I'd stop by his office that he didn't offer me chocolate. He always had a smile. He made the best homemade ice creams and various other desserts...which, he shared the recipes with me. I'm happy to have them.

It used to make me so mad that he would try to start a water fight at the most random times...because it made him happy.

When I was offered the position of trainer, we was more happy than I was expressing...he was so happy for me because he thought this would be a perfect position for me - that I would flourish. He was right.

I will miss running into him and seeing his smile and hearing his laugh. He was a very good man and he deserved a lot more than he ever had here, and I hope that he knows the impact he had in my life, and the lives of all those he touched. It sounds cliche, but he really did impact people with his kindness. I will have a couple of taco-stand-dollar-tacos with week in his honor.

There's so much more I want to say about our friendship and the influence had on me growing up, but I will leave it at: I will miss him.

No comments: