Saturday, February 16, 2008

What a week!

It's been an odd week. We had one of the worst storms - or at least the effects were some of the worst. Happy Valley was hit hardest on Wednesday - It was a regular winter storm, until the January-like winds kicked it up. We (Eric and I) went to dinner with his brother and when we got home I turned on the news. It was the 10:00 o'clock news, right? And they are covering I-15 between Sandy and Provo - mostly Point of the Mountain area - people had been stuck in traffic since 5:00 p.m. - FIVE hours! OUTRAGEOUS! How dare Mother Nature keep the Happy Valley folks from getting home!

No but, really, some 90 kids had to got back to school and stay the night (kudos to the teachers-become-babysitters) for keeping it together! People were running out of gas and traffic was completely at a standstill at News time! Can you imagine!?

Thursday, at work, I watched the wind kick up again, and the snow became a haze that engulfed the view of the mountains. It lasted for a short time and then all was clear again. Crazy!

Valentine's Day was nice. Eric and I went out to eat - lack of planning meant that most places had 60-70 minute waits, so we found ourselves at the local IHOP. Okay, so it's not the most romantic Valentine's Day dinner, but what do you do? For a gal like me who generally boycotted Valentine's Day through my 20's, I'm okay with this dining experience.
365: day107 Be My ValentineSince we got cable installed at our house (HD for the big screen was a must that has paid off many times over again) meant we have discovered some shows that have sucked me in and now count me among the addicted. Specifially: The Girls Next Door. I know, I'm sorry to Elida, who works for Hustler, but I love watching the show. It's so cool to see that these gorgeous women are cute, clever, smart, funny, etc. So after, dinner, Eric and I watched a few episodes from Season 1 - My coworker is equally adicted and let me borrow her Season 1 DVD. LOVE IT!

As for today, I felt like work was most overwhelming. I was left holding the bag on a project I was brought into only last week. It's a big project and next week my whole week will be spent at the hospital training the program and rolling it out on the floors. I ended up having to make a lot of decisions that I needed support from my manager on, but she was in meetings so I made the calls alone. When she and I had talked earlier in the day, I didn't feel her buy in on the project. In fact, she gave me the impression that she felt I had already dropped the ball by not looping her in on the fact I would be out all next week doing this training - but I only found this out YESTERDAY! Anyway, I felt most frazzled when the day was done. With all that's going on with my parents and past issues and the stress flying freely about us, this was more than I was prepared to take on. I'm sure that once I start this roll out next week, I'll be happy I was involved - after all, it's a resume building experience to be involved in something like it, right?

365: day108 Pulling Out My Hair

So that's the week. I have other thoughts fumbeling their way around my brain regarding my parents, my dad, his secret life and the lies, the family Eric and I are fighting for - the cost of living! All will be tackled in the days to come.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Tina! I love it. I am so glad you have a blog. Your writing is so entertaining. A stay at home mom needs some entertainment so keep on it...of course, as much as you have time to! I would love to get together for dinner some night and catch up, it seems you have so much going on these days...