Saturday, March 29, 2008

This Week's Inspiration


I was home from work again today (Friday). I went to the doctor last week and found I have a sinus infection. I've been on antibiotics and new asthma medicine. I woke up this morning with my sinuses pounding behind my forehead and eyes - especially the left side. I thought, at first it would subside and I'd be able to go to work. I took an ibuprofen with a glass of milk and started pushing myself through my morning routine. Not 5 minutes after taking the ibuprofen, it decided to leave it's comfy home in my belly. I hate throwing up! Hate it! I get all weepy and it freaks my dogs out. I went back to bed. Eric brought me the phone and left the dogs with me in the bedroom. I called in and left a message for my boss then fell asleep. I slept until noon, got up, let the dogs out, was still really dizzy and my head was still really pounding, so back to bed we all went. I got out of bed around 4:00 and crashed on the couch in the livining room. Head still pounding! I couldn't believe it. I lay there all evening and then at 7:45, it was gone - just like that! I looked at the clock because I was so surprised. 7:45 on the dot! Good as new.

That all said, I wanted to share a couple of videos. One, I've had in my training video arsinal for a while (the basketball one). The other, Derek showed to us at work this week.
This week we, at work were talking about people who move you to be better without that being their intention. I thought I would share the couple of videos we used to illustrate the point. The first is the video of Paul Potts from Brittain's Got Talent. The video has been circulating for a while now, but I like it. I love the way the judges see the unconfident man - they look at eachother waiting for the confirmation that this person should not be on stage. I find that I, too, am blown away by the emotion of his voice.



This video has also circulated around the internet, but I love it. I like the lesson it teaches about underestimating people and what they can do.

2 comments:

Jess said...

I love both of these video's...the basketball one is sooo great! Thanks for the inspiration. The whole throwing up and being tired and then feeling better all of a sudden sounds a bit like pregnancy??? Hmmmm....

Anonymous said...

I loved the video of the basketball player. Of course, you had to make me cry....damn pregnancy...LOL!