Thursday, June 5, 2008

California Dreamin'

CONGRATULATIONS to April for her amazing and awesome accomplishment. She graduated from University of Southern California at Long Beach in economics. Woo - that's a mouthful.



I met Elida and Damon's cute little baby, Mason, and I fell in love instantly. He's so mellow and sweet, and he's a people watcher - so he fits right in with the rest of us.



We spent the weekend on Catalina Island. My mom, Sandy, April, Collin, Elise and I camped in Little Harbor. Elida, Damon, Mason and my dad had hotels in Avalon - a most touristy little town.
Our camp site was just off the beach of a beautiful little cove and we saw incredible sunsets and played in very soft sand of the beach. On Saturday (5/31/08) we got on a "bus" (really, it was a van) and went to Avalon to spend time with the Avalonians.
In the end, this was a most pleasant and relaxing vacation. I had a very difficult time saying my goodbyes to my sisters. I usually don't feel such emotions, but this little goodbye was felt deep in my heart and I was sad. Sometimes, more than others, I realize just how much I miss my sisters.
Flying home was very nice and comfy - of course, I love Jet Blue. I was on one of their new planes - so LOTS of room for my short and stout legs. The crew was awesome and had some cute jokes and fun little comments as we flew. It was so very nice to sleep in my own bed and most of all to see Eric (here's the cheese). I had missed him a lot and it was nice to see him. Next time we go to California, WE will go to California together.

Here are some of my favorite pictures I took while on this adventure:
First we have the Two Harbors beach - I thought the colors of all the kayaks under the palm tree was amazing.


Collin and Elise loved playing in the water and along the shore line (do you remember playing in the water all day long?). I loved this shot because you can see Collin is jumping.

I loved how pensive this shot came out, with Elise just walking along the beach.

Another really great picture of Elise walking in the water. I thought it looked great how the sun light is coming through that first wave.

The sun began to set and this shot came out very nice. I was standing by our tents and you can see we were right off the beach. Just a really nice spot.

I took a gazillion pictures of this sunset, but this one was my favorite because of one little seagull. Collin hiked up with me and we watched the colors unfold.

In Avalon, I got some other really great shots, but this one makes me laugh.

On the morning of our last day, Sandy and I woke up very early (around 6:00, which is unheard of when you're on vacation) and walked to the beach. We found this sailboat had joined us in the night. Again, the seagull made this a favorite.

Just before our bus collected us for our journey back to a civilized world, I took some pictures of the palm trees that encircled the camp ground. I love the very blue sky.

Wanna see more? see my flickr pics (link to the right). I know, a shameless plug for my pictures. Also be sure to see Sandy's pictures and when my mom gets hers loaded up, make sure you hit those, too.

You know, I was planning on where my $600 surplus would go? Yeah, well, a large chunk went to this trip and the expenses - so it guess I did was the money was intended to do, right?

No comments: