Saturday, March 7, 2009

New Camera

Last week, my camera (the Nikon S51) stopped working due to it's careless owner dropping it one too many times. I dropped it on the first day I got it (when I fell on the ice): Christmas 2007. I've dropped it several times since and last week, it had had enough of my clumsiness and stopped working altogether.

This wouldn't be a problem for some...get a new one when you can. BUT, I take two pictures everyday for a project I've been working on with Sandy. One picture a day of me, or with me in it and another called the Picture of the Day (POD). So I had to get a new one pretty quickly.

I really want the Nikon D90 (okay, I'll 'settle' for the D80) and have been saving up for the purchase later this year, maybe.

When my camera died I had to decide if I wanted to use my savings for the D90 and make a down payment OR use that savings and get a camera I could buy that day. I chose the latter option.

So here's my camera:
Nikon P80

If you think I'm partial to Nikon, you'd be right. Technically the P80 is still a 'point and shoot' camera BUT it has some really great (and foreign) manual settings. So I have a lot of experimenting to do.
I've really liked most of the pictures I've taken with the P80.
Here are just a few samples:
The Cathedral of the Madeleine

Flowers at work

Eric
I am excited to see what else I can do with the camera settings.

No comments: