Saturday, May 2, 2009

Happy Birthday to April!

Last weekend I flew to LA to wish April a happy birthday - this being the last year in her 20s (rough, eh?).

It was very nice to be away from the weather here in SLC, but more than that I really wanted to be there for her b-day. We had an eventful weekend.

Saturday: I flew in early. Sandy had made some really great pistachio cupcakes for April's bday party. She really wanted to put Butter Cream frosting on them (with a hint of rose essence). Sounded good to me.

We jumped right in to making it according to the directions.... and... well, it didn't work out very well. So we went for round two. And....well....it also didn't work very well. So while April and I ran to the store, Sandy made a frosting of whipped cream and frosting.....it was so good. (didn't look pretty, but was yummilicous)

We headed to the beach for what promised to be a fun afternoon turned evening around the fire. Well...that didn't work out too well. The wind had other plans... and we were sandblasted in our faces. OUCH!

So after waiting for about an hour and half (holding out hope for the wind to subside), we headed over to April's friend's house. Miles was gracious enough to allow us to intrude on his house on very short notice.

He has cats, and my allergies responded immediately...so I popped a benadryl and went on loopy mode through the rest of the party....but it was really fun. A bit hazy, but fun.

I hope April had a good bday (despite the various changes in plans).

Sunday, we drove up the coast. It was a wonderful day - sunny and bright - and the ocean beckoned sight seers and photographers and surfers and swimmers and you name it. The beaches were covered with people enjoying the perfectness of the day.

All too soon, I was back at the airport heading home. I'll have to go for a longer period next time.

As usual, I took galores of pictures. Here are my faves:

Mason


Mason
Jenny and Finley







1 comment:

Unknown said...

That picture of you and your sister is gorgeous. I hope you get that hung up somewhere, it's too fun. Aren't sisters great!!!