Monday, August 22, 2011

Alta 20 Year Reunion

A couple of weeks ago, I went to my 20 year high school reunion..... sort of.

I grew up in Sandy and attended one year at Alta High. Three days before school started in my junior year, we moved to Salt Lake, where I attended and graduated from East High. I didn't love my time there and didn't make any lasting friends in those two years.

When the time came to go to the 20th reunion, I contacted friends from Alta, who were planning the reunion, and they extended an invitation to me and Sandy. I wasn't sure I was going to see anybody I knew, but thought I'd go and see how it went.

I was so excited to run into friends from junior high and even elementary school. We had a really great time.

Here are the pics from that night.
As we arrived to Snowbird, we saw this moose in the parking lot, drinking from a puddle of water. I think we startled each other equally. I didn't have my camera ready to go, so I used my iPhone:
Greg Hunt from junior high - he also was on the planning committee:
Michael Scott, also from junior high:
Tiffany Uriarte (was Mounteer) from all the way back in Kindergarten:
Tiffany and Sonia Olsen - I didn't recognize Sonia because she was a brunet in high school.
Lisa Eggers Kimmel - from Sunbeams!!
Angie Pantuso Smith:
A group who attended Eastmont (junior high) together. There were others at the reunion, but this is the group we got together from the picture. Tiffany, me, Melanie Fathers Belnap, Liz Watt, Brandi Williams Campbell, Angie Pantuso Smith:

No comments: