Saturday, December 3, 2011

Festival of Trees 2011

I love the Festival of Trees. I love going to see the different tree decorations. I'm definitely not one who goes to find ideas, though. I just like seeing the trees!

I do not, however, like people...crowds of people drive me crazy! So when we go, we go on Saturday at 10:00 (right at opening) when there are the fewest amount of people possible.

These trees confused me a bit:
I didn't understand the tire tree, but if you work in a tire shop, I guess it would be perfect, right. It's for a very targeted audience.
I like pink...and I get the theme of Neon Trees, it's just not my cup of tea, I guess.

My favorite trees:
I fell in love with this Mad Hatter tree. I thought the Mad Hatter doll was perfect on the tree. There was a tea set as part of this tree and everything came together so well.
I loved the tree topper for this Up House tree. It was too perfect!
At first I wasn't such a fan of the silver and gold tree. It was one that literally stopped me in my tracks and I found that I was mesmerized by it...I still can't say what it is that I like about it, but I do like it:
This 50s tree was to stinkin' cute!! The cut out figure made the tree. Without it, I wouldn't have liked it as much:
There were amazing gingerbread houses and mini trees and wreaths. I had a moment with a lady who was appalled by my speaking to her. I had no choice but to say something to her about her lack of holiday spirit. She still wasn't happy, but it made me laugh.

No comments: