Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas Eve 2011

12/24/11 - Eric and I have a yearly tradition where we head downtown to Temple Square to see the lights. It's a very local Christmasy thing to do and I enjoy seeing so many lights.
This year, Richard joined us and I think we were the only ones having any real fun while there. There were several families there wandering around, but it was a little bit like they were trying to force a spiritual experience on themselves and their families.
Midway through the picture taking, I realized we were the only ones laughing and enjoying each other's company. Kind of sad, really. Just let the time and spiritual experiences come to you...don't force it....it's a bit disingenuous that way. (just my thought on that).
I always look for the angle or shot I haven't tried before. This being the fourth year, it's hard to find a new shot, but here are the favorite shots I had:
Okay, so it's hard for me to narrow down my list of favorites...and there are many others I wanted to add, but I narrowed it to these. LOL!
It was a very nice night wandering through the lights.
Later, we picked up a family friend and spent the evening at my mom's house munching on goodies, drinking mate and listening to La Misa Criolla (a true family past time).

2 comments:

Mark said...

Great job with the reflections. The one of the Christus is my favorite, though. :)

Jess said...

I want your camera. But I am not taking away from the amazing photographer...awesome angles. But the richness of the colors and sharpness is so aaaaammmmmaaaazing! Great shots. I will never give up on us getting together and me picking your brain. It's supposed to happen....just not sure when ; )