Friday, July 6, 2012

Must Go

Another list:


1. Vacation photos - Someone says: "Tina, you like photography, let me show you the pictures from my vacation.  You'll appreciate them" (why? because I do photos?)  I don't want to see all 325 of my own photos, much less yours. Weed out the shitty ones to the few that represent your vacation.  I whittle my gazillion photos to the few that are amazing and those are what I share. Even on my blog, I show just the few that represent the party, vacation, etc.....too many can be too many!


2. On that same note: when you do show me pictures, I really don't care that your aunt Mabel's cousin's friend is serving the punch at the family reunion.


3. "Your camera is so nice....was it expensive?"  "That's why you get such great pictures." (ACTUALLY, I get really great pictures with my iPhone as well.) Don't buy into the hype that a better camera will automatically give you better pictures. If you treat a DSLR like a point and shoot, that's what you'll get.


4. "Could care less", meaning you care a little bit.  If you're trying to say that you don't care at all, what you want to say is: "Couldn't care less", meaning, there's nowhere else to go on the caring meter.

No comments: