Friday, July 27, 2012

Friday Night Videos

I love watching the Olympics. I've blogged about it before and I can't get enough of it. The find the stories so inspiring and emotional. I love watching people triumph in their sport and fight so hard for their dreams. I thought I would post some past moments:

1976 in Montreal: Nadia Comaneci:


Another one of Nadia Comaneci:


1984 Los Angeles: Mary Lou Retton who HAD to get a perfect score in order to win gold; and she did it TWICE in a row:


1984 Los Angeles: Greg Louganis - one of the most graceful and amazing divers ever:


1996 Atlanta: Kerri Strug - one of the most emotional and exciting moments in womens gymnastics:


This about sums that 1996 moment up:


2008 Beijing: Men's 4X100m Freestyle Relay - A truly thrilling moment while watching! We were on our feet screaming at the TV and cheering at the top of our lungs! Great great moment!!

the actual race begins around the 14 second mark:

Or click here for a less than stellar video. I can't find an actual clip of the great moment.

What moments will we have in the next two weeks!? So exciting to watch!

No comments: