Saturday, January 5, 2013

Maine Lighthouses

October 18, 2012, we took a drive up the Maine coast to see lighthouses....another of the many things I've always wanted to do....see light houses in Maine....(and Oregon, eventually).
We had such fun seeing the beauty of the ocean on the eastern coast and admiring the famous lighthouses. We had so much fun driving slowly though small towns...and do you know what we found? These towns had  Halloween displays to advertise their businesses in ways I'd never seen before. It was crazy! And fun!


It was a rough ocean day...the waves were roughly slamming the rocks....but I waited patiently for the right kind of wave to capture by camera: 

Although we saw other lighthouses, the two I loved most preciously, was the Portland Head Lighthouse:


We drove a bit of distance to find the Nubble Lighthouse, which was sitting lonely on a little island. We arrived just as the sun was setting (almost arrived too late). The sunset was amazing!!!!
I chuckled because there was several other photographers there for the same photos that we were hoping to take...all clamoring over rocks with spray painted, 'keep out, Private' 

I looked out and saw the photographers, silhouetted, waiting for the perfect photo opportunity. I loved what I saw. 



And, of course, I was waiting for my perfect photo, too...I took a couple:

Maine is definitely worth the time and the drive to visit the beautiful sites....I hope to take more time next time.



No comments: