Friday, April 25, 2008

This Week Summarized

Well it's always a fun spring when the weather is so up in the air. This was one of those weeks...we had wonderful weather as well as snowy (kill my tulips) weather.

On Tuesday, I purchased my tickets to California. I'm going for April's graduation at the end of May (a month away - and the count down IS ON!). We will be camping on Catalina Island where I will join others in a "three hour tour" which includes snorkeling and kayaking.

Due to this trip to California, I've decided to go on a diet. I know! I hate the word but it's a must. I don't like to announce it, usually, because I'm not a big fan of the "helpers" that feel they can tell me, "you shouldn't eat that." or: "are you sure you want to eat that?" or: "you should try such-and-such, it's low in fat and so good." uh-huh, sure it is. Listen, I'll eat my damned stale crackers and cottage cheese and don't you worry about it!
In the end, I'll be watching my caloric intake - and the idea is to watch it shrink daily not just watch it do it's normal thing.

And now, a word about allergies. This has been a rough allergy season. My eyes have declared war on my head and usually the eyes win the battles. Due to my daily eye swelling routine, I decided to make an appointment with an eye doctor. I'm using a lot of various eye drops (some prescription and some over the counter). I usually end up having to get an ice pack and numb the eye before I put on a wet wash cloth and try NOT to stabber-walkie by eyeball with a fork. Well, ever since I made that eye appointment (which is for this coming Monday), my eyes have retreated! WTF!? No itching, swelling or general knowledge that they are even present - except that I can see, of course. Why does the body do that? Make and appointment for the doctor and suddenly you are cured! It's a MIRACLE!

Last thing I want to throw in the ring is this: Did you know this? John McCain has spent less days in the senate on voting days than any other senator with one exception: some senator who had a brain hemorrage!
And did you know this? All three major candidates balked on and on about a specific vote that was coming up being the most critical vote of the year. It was a vote regarding Telecom Immunity. When the time came to vote, not one of the three was there to make that "critical vote."
I'm thinking, you get paid a lot in your job as senator. We, the tax payers pay for you to do your job. I think the senators should be able to prove they can do the job they have before they hope to become President of the United States of America. Hell, I'd be fired if I missed that many critical days at work.

Done - off the soap box for now.

No comments: