Thursday, May 1, 2008

Half Way Marker


Last year Sandy suggested I start using photography as one of my many creative outlets. She started by giving me a camera she was no longer using and I jumped right on in. I have loved finding beauty in every day things. I've noticed that I see every sunrise and every sunset with a different eye than before. I love it! It's easier to manage than my previous outlets: card making, quilting, drawing, sewing.

One of the projects I took on was the 365 day picture of yourself - in other words: take a picture of yourself everyday for one full year. It has been so interesting to do. I started on Halloween 2007. Originally I thought (and hoped) I would get all into losing weight and this could be a way to document that. I immediately fell through on that but kept going with the pictures.

Yesterday completed the HALF way marker for this project, so I've been reflecting on the past six months.

The first thing I learned doing this project is to like myself even without the thin face or perfect symmetry. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to put out some three-chinned picture of myself, but I feel like I'm more comfortable in my own skin.

This journey began right after my parents split up. This has been a fun (and sometimes tedious) process to take a picture each day. I find that it's been an interesting spiritual journey, and a journey of self acceptance - Both are things I did not expect.
NOW in the next 6 months I AM working the the slimming down and hope to see progess. I would love to look HOT on Halloween 2008 wearing some Catwoman-esk costume.

4/30/08 - Day 183















See more of my 365days Pictures

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

I love the idea of taking a picture of yourself every day. What a neat way to document a year and see everyday beauty!

Sandy said...

Yeah! congrats on 1/2 way there!