Monday, May 5, 2008

Collin's Baptism

Saturday Collin was baptised and confirmed at his stake center. When he turned eight I thought, "He's so young to be getting baptised" (I know it's the standard age in the church, and I was baptised at eight) but I thought and felt it, none the less.

I worked my graveyard shift on Friday night and got off work at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday all to leave the house at 7:30 to pick Mom up and drive to Kamas. It was a beautiful morning. I love seeing hot air balloons and seeing them that morning brought back wonderful memories of those early morning drives to the lake.

When we got to the chapel, Collin looked so proud. He beamed with excitement and I realized, he's the right age and this is the right time for him to be baptised. His baptism was typical, in the talks, songs and amounts of people, but it was very nice. I shed a tear or two when he went into the water. Richard looked so honored and proud and I was proud to be his sister. I found that my previous apprehension about Collin's age kind of just dissappeared. He's a good kid and I love him and I'm proud of him.

After the baptism and confirmation, we headed back to the house for lunch. On the way, Elise, Mom, Eric and I stopped to get pictures with a horse near Richard and Cyn's house.

We had a very nice time and enjoyed eachother's company.


No comments: