Friday, July 25, 2008

Pioneer Day

Yesterday was Utah's big holiday: Pioneer Day (or the 24th of July). I've always enjoyed watching the big Days of 47 Parade on TV...I haven't been to one in person for about 6 years, and really, I'm okay with that. It's always too hot! The sun blares down harshly and it loses its appeal pretty fast - so I usually stay in and watch it on TV. That is, except for this year. I didn't watch the parade - but I saw some of the floats on the freeway.
One thing I did this year, that I've never done on the 24th is to go to a rodeo. It's a very Utah thing to do, but I've never gone. This year, Elise was a princess in the Kamas parade and also rode out before the rodeo, so Eric and I went up in the evening to watch the parade and the rodeo. Yeah that was fun and I can now check that off my "Life To-Do List."


Princess Elise was happy to see her Aunt Tina

Andrew and Collin wave to Smokey the Bear in hopes that candy will be thrown their way
One of my lucky shots of a bull rider. All four limbs of the bull are up off the ground and it looks a bit like the cowboy might be considering a bail out
Another great lucky shot. I love the dirt kicked up for the bull.
This was my daily shot - I laughed pretty good when Sandy made her presence known.

Richard, Cynthia and Marcus look like they might be done for the night.

Of course, what would July 24th be without a fireworks display?


Wanna see some more pictures? Go to my flickr page (click on the icon to the right), or click here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tmlizzyirwin/sets/72157606371349716/

My computer is flipping out, so I wasn't able to load up the videos I took of the rodeo, so I will load those up later.

No comments: