Saturday, April 18, 2009

Do You Remember When?

I've been entertaining myself this week by remembering songs that I used to love (and still do). I always get a chuckle when I tell people that I remember when CDs came out. Most of my favorite music as a kid was on a cassette tape or record.

Here are the songs that made me smile growing up. They still make me smile.

I still love to listen to ABBA - especially on road trips. I have a memory of being in the back seat of my dad's 442 as a little girl, driving home from my grandparent's Sunday dinner listening to this song on the radio. It was night, everybody in the car was asleep except my dad and me.


When Sandy and I were in the 6th grade, we did a dance to this song (with Jean Calderon) at the talent show. We wore a black leotard with glitter on the sleeves. To top it off, we wore neon tights (yeah!).
The dance was really quite lame, but watching the skilled dance moves in this 'video' I don't feel so bad:


My first concert came when I was 12 years old. My parents took Sandy and I to see The Diamond - Mr. Neil, himself. I remember I felt so grown up....I wore my favorite turquoise and pink skirt (with huge pockets). I loved that concert!
(speaking of The Diamond, you should have Richard sing a hymn, Neil Diamond Style. It's great!)

Another fav, was Mr. Johnny Cash. I sure did love to hear the song Ring of Fire! BUT I really like this one. It's a MUST on any road trip:


The first cassette tape that Sandy and I got was the Thompson Twins (King for a Day). Man, was that the gift of the year! Thanks, Antonia! Loved it...played it until the tape died away. (by the way, we were 11 when we got this tape for Christmas)


I won a Wham! poster in a drawing in the 6th grade. It hung in our bedroom for a long time. (I'll have to track down that picture). I had such a crush on these guys.


This next one was, like, oh! Wow! I totally loved it! Hello!


Of course, what would this memory be without Madonna!? This was my first CD! I was twelve. Madonna's album True Blue:

Watch and see why I loved it so much:



Hope you enjoyed a walk down Tina's memory.

No comments: