Saturday, April 17, 2010

Earthquake Headache?

This week I had the headache from Hell! It began on Wednesday, actually. Eric and I were running a couple of errands and picking up some dinner. It came on pretty suddenly. I told Eric to take me home. I went home and took some serious pain meds for the headache and went to bed very early.
Thursday, the headache hadn't really gone away, but I had to train...one of the hardest classes, as it turned out. Two people in class struggled to get basic computer principles...and all the while, my head was POUNDING! I deliberately kept my cool and was very patient, but I had to make a conscientious effort to do so.
I was headed back to our office (in research park) when the world began to vibrate. It's the best word for it. It made me super dizzy and I had to pull over and wait it out. When I got to the office, my nausea was too much so I went home and crashed.
Later in the evening (around 6:00), there was an 5.5 earthquake to the north of Salt Lake City. I didn't feel it, but I know many who did. Not long afterwards, the headache had subsided.
SO...I get to work on Friday, and my co-worker asks me if I still have the headache and nausea. I told her I didn't and she pointed me in the direction of several websites that talk about an increased incidence in headaches, dizziness and nausea before an earthquake. Up to 48 hours prior.
Here are just a couple of those sites:
1. springerlink.com
2. freewebz.com
3. angelfire.com

Another site I found was one that documents earthquakes around the world:
It shows earthquakes around the world in the last seven days.

Crazy! I'm not 100% sure that my headache was due to the earthquake we had, but I do remember having a similar headache/dizziness/nausea on my mission for two days prior to an earthquake we had there. I remember because I was laying in bed when the earthquake hit. My companion and I both had become very sick...in retrospect, it makes me wonder.

Here was my daily shot from yesterday:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's interesting, I have never heard of that before.