Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Unexpected Camera Upgrade!

My beloved Nikon D90 was broken by a little boy with a one in a million shot when throwing a toy. I took it in to be repaired a couple of weeks ago. It was still under warranty so I was expecting to get the camera fixed with no cost to me.

Well, I received a message that they were going to honor the warranty and replace the camera for me and I needed to come in an fill out some paper work.

When I was filling out the paper work, it was discovered that the store did not currently have a Nikon D90 in the store and I had three options: Wait three more weeks for a new on to be shipped in, drive out to Sandy and pick it up or upgrade the camera for an extra cost. Either way, I'd have to pay for a new warranty as the previous one was considered full filled when they are replacing it.

After a couple of days, considering my options, and a wonderful mother who insisted on giving me something (because she said that I never let her get me anything. She's right. I'm a bit too independent sometimes), we went in and picked up the upgraded camera.

Yay!!

So, meet my new camera: The Nikon D7000:

Yeah, I'm kind of in love with it. I'm a bit giddy and excited to put it to use.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is the camera I have and I LOVE it! At first I was hesitant and didn't understand ALL of the settings. It was a little different than my other camera and my go to settings had to be tweaked a little. After perfecting my in camera settings I just LOVE this camera! NOW, can we do a little photo shoot together with our twin cameras.......