Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A New Dawn

The long awaited day has arrived. What a day! An incredibly uplifting and hopeful day. Indeed, a historical day! I can't wait to see our future unfold!

I was moved by President Obama's powerful speech! I was at work and wanted to yell out and cheer from my desk! Instead I clapped lightly and cheered on the inside. I will go to a party tonight that will re-air the speech and I'll be able to shout out my support.

Here's the oath and speech:




On flickr, I found this image of the site: Whitehouse.gov
Before and After:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was my first inaguration and I thought it was amazing. I think First Lady Michelle Obama looked so proud. It was very awe inspiring.

The Lunar Fox said...

I was at work the whole day, but everyone was watching it. It was just amazing-- the most exciting day ever.

Down the road people will ask, "So where were you?" just so they can remember that day!

And wasn't Michelle just very awe inspiring? Oh she was amazing! I just love her to pieces.