Friday, January 2, 2009

Welcome 2009

On December 30, Eric and I came home from work to a very cold house. Our furnace had given up the ghost. We called my dad to the rescue and we took out the motor and went to Sears, Home Depot and Lowe's to find a replacement - all to no avail.
On the 31st, Eric and I both had to work, so my dad was gracious enough to take our motor to a Sears in Murray and replace it.
That evening, he came over and helped us install it. By "helped us" I mean, he did all the work and we pointed the flashlight in the general direction.
He stayed for dinner - which was mmmmmm (if I say so myself). Then Eric and I created my dad's Mii character for the Wii.
New Year's Eve was most mellow. My dad left around 9:30 to go home and Eric and I played the Wii until 2:00 in the morning.
Our dogs get all frantic whenever we play baseball or bowling...they freak out with the movement and loudness.
I woke up on New Year's Day with what could have been a hangover, if I'd been drinking! I'm allergic to everything. Everything! And the dust from the crappy filter in the furnace was all kicked up by the new motor and I felt it!
*sneeze* *sneeze* *sneeze* *sneeze* *sneeze* *sneeze*
*sniffle* *sniffle* *sniffle* *sniffle* *sniffle*
It was unbearable, so Eric and I went and got new filters for our furnace. It wasn't until around 8:00 in the evening before my nose gave me some breathing room.

So THAT is how we spent our New Years.
Can I just say that I love our Wii? I love our Wii! We got it on the 26th and we've been playing it ever since. I'm glad we finally got one.

2 comments:

eMiLy sLaUgH said...

I love the Wii too! It's a good thing we don't have one! I played Rock Band at Mike's parents house over Christmas... that is fun one too!

Anonymous said...

I agree! The Wii is awesome. Evan was not into it when he got it for me for Christmas but now he cannot stop talking about it. I am addicted! Chance loves it too, I think we look pretty funny when we do the motions, he just sits there and smiles at us. :)