Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas 2008

Christmas day was very nice this year. Eric and I picked up my mom at 6:45 in the morning (that's right) and took her with us to Eric's mom's house for presents and breakfast. My mom was expecting breakfast only and was surprised that she had a stocking and presents. I think we woke her up a little too early.
This was Chance's first Christmas so we were excited to dazzle him. He's a little too young to be all that impressed by our efforts. I have to say: Evan and Kirsten did good with that kid. It is very weird, however, to look with such affection for a little clone of Evan.


Later that day, my dad came over to our house and we swapped gifts and stories and a few laughs.

We then headed over to John and Laura's (Eric's dad and step-mom) house for dinner and gift swapping. It's always very overwhelming by this time in the day and this year was no exception. John and Laura are so generous with their gifts of love. Dinner was wonderful - as is always the case. I did not take any pictures at their house.

Afterward, we headed to my mom's house to exchange gifts with Richard and his family. There is one word to describe a house full of Lisonbee's: Noisy. Overwhelming. Chaotic. Funny. Pick one of those words.
Collin:

Elise: Andrew:
Marcus:
It snowed and snowed after we go to my mom's so it was fun driving in all that snow. We are always so grateful for our family and happy to spend time with those we care about. We sure missed my sisters a lot.

No comments: