Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Eve

Usually the Christmas Eve tradition is to gather at my mom's house and drink maté while we listen to the Misa Criolla. Later we go to Eric's mom's house where she gives us our Christmas PJs.

This year, plans were different. First, Sandy and April stayed in California for Christmas. Elida, Damon and Mason flew to Wisconsin to stay with Damon's family. My mom changed her Christmas Eve celebration from the 24th to the 22nd, but there was a terrible storm in the canyon that night so Richard and his family weren't able to come to Salt Lake. Eric and I still hung out with my mom on the 22nd and it was really first time all season where the Christmas feeling crept into my heart and I felt happy.

Eric and I decided we didn't want to stay home on Christmas Eve, so we headed to Temple Square. We hadn't been there this year and we figured the crowds would be a bit better for me (the crowd hater) to handle. We were right. It was busy, but not as crazy as most other nights. It was fairly warm (considering it's winter) and very peaceful. Here are my favorite pictures I took from that night:









2 comments:

Rachelle said...

VERY pretty pictures! I hope you had a Merry Christmas. :)

Sandie's Spot said...

Love the pictures. I haven't actually got to go to Temple Square yet this season... I've seen it from across the street at Abravenll hall.

Hope you had a Merry Christmas!