Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!

So the other day, I was talking to Richard on the phone and thought I should double check what his kids want for Christmas. By 'double check,' I mean 'find out' because I hadn't been shopping for them, yet.

I talked with Elise first. I asked her what she wanted. "aofjaobj," was her reply.
I'm thinking, "what?" So I ask her to repeat herself: "ooogaaa boogah" - seriously I did not understand what she said. It reminded me of the little kids at church who practically swallow the microphone as they give a talk in primary or give their testimony. I could imagine her little face right up to the mouth piece of the phone.
"What else do you want," I ask her, trying to cover the fact I have no idea what she requested.
"I told you, Tina," she complained.
"Tell me what else then, I need a good list," I let her know.
"blllsusjus"
:]
"Okay," I stall, "and what else?"
"hmmmmmmm...a puppy"
I got that one....didn't mince words on that one.
I tell her, "That's not really my call, so give me one more thing"
"Money!" Of course, she's clear about that. What Lisonbee do you know that isn't clear when they want more of it?
So Collin (who is eight) gets on the phone and I ask him what Elise wants:
"Just get her anything for my-littlest-pets, she loves those."
Now was that so hard?!?
Collin gave me his list (snow board, bionicles) and the list for the rest of the kids (Andrew: guns; Marcus: "anything"). What a sweet kid....Love him. Can't wait to see them all on Christmas and get a gazillion pictures.

Anyway: I hope that everybody has a wonderful, safe and Merry Christmas this year.

No comments: