Tuesday, February 24, 2009

On The Road Again

My dad and I took another little trip to Southern Utah on Sunday (2/22/09) to return Bruno and Beanie to Sandy and April.
We began our journey a little earlier than Sandy and April did, so we had a couple of hours to find something to do. We found that "something" between Fillmore and Beaver (which sounds so bad when you say that out loud).

We stopped in Fillmore to see the original state capital, which looked nothing like a capital at all.
Later on the journey, we decided to stop in Cove Fort. I've seen the sign many times on I-15 (going mach 90) and I always think: "I'll have to go there one day, to see what's there." This was that day.

One of many discoveries was that it is owned and run by the LDS church. Where have I been????
So when we pulled up that morning, we were greeted by missionary couples, who gave us the tour. It was a really neat place to see and the stories were amazing. I have to say that I'm really glad we stopped.
It is definitely worth the stop - but plan on an hour or two when you go.
Here are a few of my pictures:




Click here for the rest of my pictures on flickr. I tried to remember the stories behind some of the items and I've done that on flickr.
Another site for Cove Fort.

We arrived in Mesquite about 30 minutes ahead of Sandy, April and Elida. We had a quick dinner at a Mexican restaurant and then it was back to Utah for us and LA for them. Of course, they had the dogs in tow. We are pleased to announce that there were no major setbacks this time around. (aside from Sandy's car not starting in LA so she had to call AAA.)

1 comment:

Alysia said...

I am glad that you were able to hang out with your sisters, it looks like fun. I have passed by cove fort a million times as well and never stopped, maybe I will have to sometime.