Saturday, October 13, 2012

August in LA

In August, Eric and I flew to LA to spend time with my sisters. We had hoped to be there for the Six-Man Tournament again, but the city moved the tournament from the weekend to the weekdays. All that aside, we had a wonderful time staying with Sandy in her home and partying it with Elida in her home.

Here's the view from the plan as we left Salt Lake. I love that the full moon is hanging out in the top of the photo. We flew out on Friday morning.

Looking down at Las Vegas from the plane:

Saturday, Elida and Damon hosted a pool party. I tracked down a recipe that my aunt used to make and was thrilled to share the deliciousness.
It was a hot day in the valley, so the cool temperature of the pool was marvelous. We swam for several hours and the dogs loved the time as well.
I love a good party with good conversation, family, friends, food, drinks....they make for great memories.






Sunday, August 5, Sandy, Elida, Eric and I went to Manhattan Beach to enjoy the sounds of the waves, the feel of the sand. We watched the surfers wait for the 'perfect' wave. We also caught several dolphins swimming by the pier. Very cool!




We flew home on Monday, which was the hardest thing to do. We SO wanted to stay....literally pick up our lives and move. It's not like we think the grass is greener, but I kept thinking about visiting the beach on those good and bad days. We flew out of Long Beach in the beautiful sunset.



When flew into the Salt Lake Valley, we flew over one of the many fires we had this summer.


Here's the view of Salt Lake City from the plane. Kinda cool.
We had a wonderful time in LA...it gets harder and harder to come home each time we visit. I miss my sisters every day, and leaving them is hard to do.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE your pictures Tina! The expressions, the details ... they look awesome AND capture the moment!

Rachelle said...

Your pictures are beautiful as usual!