Friday, December 14, 2012

Equality Utah Allies Dinner

The day before my first (and failed) MRI, Eric and I went to the Equality Utah Allies Dinner with our friends Maggie and Kristen. Other friends were at our table. We have enjoyed these dinners the past few years.
This year, John Huntsman Jr was the main honored speaker. I was thrilled to hear him speak.

Although I didn't blog one entry about politics this year, I had many thoughts and really had intended on expressing them herein. In the end, I was excited by the outcome of the election. That all said, the Allies Dinner was weeks prior to election night and there was a lot of excitement in the air about what Mr Huntsman might say. It was fun to hear his thoughts on the political parties, how the race was being run, and his own failed campaign for president. Honestly, I hope to see him try again.

Most of the thoughts he and his wife expressed came down to bullying. Because Equality Utah is about equality, they both shared stories and personal experiences with how they have tried to help prevent bullying in schools.










No comments: