Friday, December 28, 2012

Plymouth

In October, Eric and I spent a day in Plymouth waiting for Sandy to arrive in Boston in the evening. We were slightly disappointed to confirm the rumors that Plymouth rock is in fact a large bolder.

After spending time in Jamestown in March, and loving the connection to the early settlers of this country, I was somehow expecting a similar experience in Plymouth. I did not find anything remotely close to the same experience. Although it is a lovely town, it is also very commercial. Anything that can be sold, is sold. Slap the words: '1620', or 'Plymouth' on the item and sell it for a profit. I was saddened to feel that it cheapened the sorrows and pains of the days and lives of those who lived there; the earliest settlers.

That said, I did take some very lovely photos:








No comments: