Sunday, May 7, 2017

Dandelion Hippie

I began making dandelion salve last year when my mother-in-law was suffering from severe arthritis pain. She follows the doctor's orders, but the pain is sometimes too much.
I have joint pain sometimes.
I began googling natural ways to help with the swelling and pain that accompanies arthritis and sore muscles.
In my searching I found that many people use dandelion oil. In fact, some massage therapists make their own dandelion oil because it's a natural way of relieving pain and swelling in joints and sore muscles.
I tested a batch last spring. Just a small batch. I made enough for me and her. She loved it. It helped her. It helped me.
Now I'm the one wandering my neighborhood picking dandelion heads from the neighbors' yards. My coworkers bring their dandelion heads.
I dry them. I steep them in avocado oil for 3-4 weeks and then I make the salve.
I add coconut oil, natural beeswax and essential oils.





No comments: