Friday, May 12, 2017

Service Awards Banquet - Twenty Years

In June I will reach the weirdest achievement of working twenty years at the University of Utah Hospital.
Twenty years ago I began working as a HUC on the Orthopedic inpatient unit. To this day, I think it's one of the toughest work I did at the U. We began working thinking to myself that I would work for the U for about 2-3 years.
At my five year achievement dinner, there were several who were recognized for working twenty years. I thought how crazy it must be, "who are THESE people!?"
I've worked in registration, billing, insurance authorization, financial counseling and training. I've been in IT training for 14 years.
I'm fortunate as hell to have a job I love.
The celebration was very nice. We were invited to dinner at the Grand America hotel. The food, company, music and ambiance were wonderful.






I'm grateful to the leaders who have seen my potential and helped me be a better version of myself.

No comments: