Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Three Year Hiatis

Who knew time could just pass by in the blink of an eye?

I suppose I was working through the pain of loss when I stopped writing. Bradley. A tragic accident. An honorable man who we miss to this day.

Our hearts were broken. I struggled to make sense of it all. Words were fleeting.

I used photos to document the passing of time.

Because pictures help me remember the good times more than the bad times, and help me see and feel the blessing of this life, it's how I see the passing of time.

2014 favorite photos:
Lori with her father and son. A joyful day!

Salt Lake color festival. Eric, Evan and Samantha.

The smiles say it all. Echo has always spoke to the deepest joy in our hearts.

Pride Parade. 

A visit to California. My sisters and I took a road trip down the Pacific Coast Highway.

A moose feeling our noise in Idaho's back woods.

2015 
We were happy to see the stress of 2014 end. But we knew what the year would hold for us.
Cocoa Pebbles had a cancer that spread dramatically and painfully and we had to make the tough decision to end her pain.
Later in May, our Casey Jones would pass.
Eric lost a cousin who was in his young 20s.
We struggled to help our 17 year old  husky girl, Tamika Jones find physical strength. She passed in September.
Through the heartbreak, we did find joy and happiness. Such is life. Pain and Sorrow mixed with Joy and Happiness.

We adopted a new Siberian Husky. Our crazy girl Ahsoka Jones. She brought youth back into our home. We'd had a geriatric dog home for so long, we hardly knew how to cope with her energy! But we sure did welcome her energy.

To sum up 2015 through photos, I'd share these:
Me and my sweetest Cocoa Pebbles.

The handsome boy Casey Jones. He was so loving!

A quick trip to LA for James' first birthday. 

Seriously one of my favs! Miss Tamika Jones teaching the ropes to Miss Ahsoka Jones.

Thanksgiving in LA and a last minute trip to Disneyland.

2016
It was really a year to recover from pain, sorrow and decompress from the shocks of life from the previous three years.
We recognized we are greatly blessed through the pain and sorrow. We worked hard to enjoy life's blessings.
We have worked to heal our hearts.
We enjoyed our families, Utah's surroundings, traveled to Boston with Collin, and we adopted another Siberian husky. The demon boy, Bridger Jones.

Summing up 2016 through photos:
The Mittens just inside the Arizona boarder.

11 years with this amazing man!

Spanish Fork color festival.

June road trip through Yellowstone.

Mr. Bridger Jones and the day he joined our little family.

Ahsoka and Bridger

A visit to the "Promised Land" of Foxboro, Massachusetts. 

Candles on New Years with my family.

That is the best way I can catch up the past three years as quickly as possible. And now I'm ready to move into 2017.
Not sure how I feel about returning to Blogger. I know there are other sites to better use, but I'll stick here for now.

1 comment:

tysqui said...

A nice recap of the last few years. There were some good times with the tough times. Here's to a better 2017 and beyond!