Friday, May 26, 2017

Fam and U2

Last Friday evening, Eric and I flew out of SLC to LAX to stay with Sandy. We left during a very lovely sunset. We left with a lot of nerves and excitement. We knew it would be less than 48 hours and we really wanted to maximize our time with family.
Looking eastward from the plane

Flying over the Great Salt Lake

Saturday morning we woke up and headed up to Elida's house to see her little family. I'm not a morning person; you never know which version of Tina you'll get. I woke up too excited to be grouchy. 
I was thrilled to finally meet my niece, Aubrey. She's very mellow and reminds me a lot of Elida when she was a baby. She studies your every move and has a beautiful smile. She studied me pretty heavily. I studied back. 


We headed to the Rose Bowl early enough to get good parking and get in line for our general admission tickets. The sun was hot and heavy, and the line was long. 


Once we got through security and into the stadium, we scoped out a good spot. 
The Lumineers opened for U2. I've liked their songs for a long time and they were fantastic to sing along with. 

I always get like a giddy school girl, reminiscent of the old Beatles videos of girls crying, when U2 comes on stage. Saturday was no different. We had been placing bets on which song they would open with. None of us was right. But they know how to get the crowd up and moving right out of the gate. 
The images they flashed on the super duper large screen were inspiring! I swear some had to have been collected from Utah. Stunning! 
We sang and danced (and our feet ached!) and had a marvelous time! 









Sunday morning, Eric and I had breakfast with Elida's super cute little family, then made our way back to the airport to head home. 
James

Aubrey

Flying out of LAX

Flying into SLC

I really wish I had been able to spend more time in LA with my family. I find even short visits are replenishing to the soul. 
It's times like this, when I have to race back to work, that I wonder where my priorities are. I can't take these trips without work, but isn't family the most important? Still working on this life/work balancing act that my generation loves so much. 

1 comment:

Mom of 12 said...

Looks like you had a great time!
Sandy