Thursday, August 21, 2008

Go USA!

I stayed up late to watch Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh win their 2nd gold medal in Women's Beach Volleyball. They played against an amazing Chinese team.
The game was made tougher by the pouring rain. The ball doesen't volley as well when it's weighed down by rain water. So it was a bit of a nail biter and very exciting to watch. I was on the edge of my seat and scared my dogs when I wooted out loud at the win. In the end, the US team played a better game and went on to win their 108th game in a row!
Congrats to the ladies!!!



I watched the Women's Platform Diving semi-finals. Laura Wilkinson (Sydney's suprise gold winner) is in 9th place going into tonight's final. I'm hanging on for her to place in the top three, but she's up against some incredible talent from China, Canada and even one from Mexico (Paola Espinosa).

Tanya Couch of GB is fabulous and it will be fun to watch. I'll be watching the finals tonight - FOR SURE! (I know that I can go look up the results, now, but I like the suspense of watching it tonight)

I, of course, watched some track and field events, most notable being the 200 meter dash where Usain Bolt (of Jamaica) shattered the previous record of 19.32 seconds, and ran it in 19.30 seconds. It had been said that the previous record, set in the Atlanta 1996 games by Michael Johnson, could not and would not be broken. Lo and behold, it was.

oh, and Usain: Don't get cocky! You celebrate AFTER you cross the finish line!


Still watching and LOVING the Olympics!

No comments: