Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Olympic Fever

Have you caught it? It's terrible contagious and if you get it, you'll have it for two weeks.

Symptoms Include:
1. Late nights! Very late nights!
2. Nervousness
3. Turret's like symptoms; with common outbursts like "oh my gosh, did you see that!?" or "GO! GO! GO!" or "AMAZING!"
4. Leaking eyes, commonly known as tears
5. Sleepiness for lack of sleep.

I've caught Olympic Fever and I love it!
I've been captured by volleyball, water polo, boxing, swimming and men's gymnastics.

I see why they call him the Dolphin. Michael Phelps has been excruciatingly amazing! So far, he has blasted the previous world records out of the water (literally). He has won gold in every event he has entered.

The most exciting moment, with respect to swimming, was by FAR the Men's 4 X 100 meter freestyle relay. I love these relays. If you missed it watch it below. It was quite the upset! This is not the NBC version but I love the announcers on this one.


Amazing Finish in the Mens 4x100m Relay As the US Wins Gold - video powered by Metacafe


Last night was the USA's Men's gymnastic team's turn to shock the world and show what they were made of. The two Hamm brothers had bailed out due to injuries and everybody thought they team was doomed.
They nailed most of their routines and left me in awe of the pummel horse by Alexander Artemev (one of the alternates)and most especially with the routine on the high bar by Jonathan Horton. In the end, the team that wasn't "supposed" to metal walked away with the bronze. The Chinese team was truly on fire and ended with an uncontested gold!



I hope you all concur that the Olympics have been pretty amazing and promise to deliver even more.
If you want more inspiration, watch these fantastic ads by VISA.




3 comments:

Sandy said...

Yes...I'm showing the same symptoms! And thank God for the DVR...I watched the 4 X 100 Relay last night and hadn't heard about it yet.

OMG!!!! AMAZING! and the fact that Jason Lezak (47.78) had to make up half a second, and chase down the French...WOW! Truly amazing!!!! I was jumping and screaming and clapping! What can the French say now?

LOVE IT!!
And then watching men's gymnastics take Bronze after the worst two horse scores!

Yeah - I think I have the Fever!

Sandy said...

So I'm just going to admit that I watched the clip you attached and started clapping and jumping AGAIN! and I knew the ending. LOL! USA!

Jess said...

I hope you don' mind. I left a link to this post on my blog. I feel EXACTLY the same way. I am addicted!! I always am. If you would prefer I remove the link, please let me know. I am happy to remove it. I am in the process of responding to your email about blog backgrounds....