Friday, October 3, 2008

Post Veep Debate

I joined millions of Americans in watching the Vice President debate.

#1: Sarah Palin - was charming at times and resurrected the strong looking character from the Republican Convention. In recent weeks, she has lowered her bar so low that her mediocre performance shined and shocked people into thinking she had done a spectacular job. She's a terrible debater and changed the topic back to energy multiple times rather than answering the question at hand. While watching, I kept feeling like she'd been given specific phrases that she'd memorized and she stuck to those few facts she could remember. And really, that winking, tick thing she has, was driving me crazy.

#2: Joe Biden - is an experienced debater and started out fairly slow but when it came time to really hit hard, he did...but he did it well. He stuck to the theme that it's John McCain and Governor Palin - he didn't attack and came out shining like a diamond - and not because he'd lowered the bar of expectation. He got personal and really showed the public WHO he is. I didn't know much about him and was pleased and moved to see something about his family.

factcheck.org has the candidates true facts laid out

I will soon tackle each candidate's health care plan because McCain has a terrible plan that, if enacted, will not serve you or me or anybody you know.

In this time of financial crisis, let's get real about the people who are losing their homes. Indeed, I hope this bailout, rescue plan really gets things back on course because any one of us could be in this place:


To end this, I want to share a good laugh with you.
The Daily Show gives me get a good laugh:




No comments: