Saturday, November 8, 2008

In a Post President-Elect Obama World

I think I'm still reeling from the Obama win. I've been so excited and emotional about the history and the hope that his win brings this nation. I've spent some time this week contemplating what his win means to me and my family and our friends and our country and the entire world. I think we have a lot of work to do and I'm glad that Obama is such an advocate in recognizing that he is the leader but that we all have a part to play in changing our world.

I found a website that had all the front pages from the newspapers around the world and thought I'd post some of my favorites:

From the Anniston Star:

Huntsville Times:
California Daily News The LA Times:

In Tahoe, the Tribune:

In Colorado: Rocky Mountain Times

In Washington DC: The Examiner

The Washington Post

The Salt Lake Tribune

and finally, In Uruguay: El Pais

And how did we all celebrate the victory? I know that I received a text messages from my sisters and Karlyn. I sent many out, myself and made several phone calls in congratulations.

Here are some of my favorite images:

Birmingham, Alabama
Harlem, New York

New York City

Columbus, Ohio

Times Square

Athens Greece (I especially love her expression)

New York

Virginia Beach

Kenya; Obama's extended family

My favorite comic of that day:


Last, I wanted to post where you can continue to support our President-Elect: Change.gov is the new Obama site.

2 comments:

Leisha Camden said...

These are wonderful, thanks for sharing them!! Great to see headlines from different places. (If you want to see a couple of Norwegian ones from November 5th, go here:
http://leishacamden.blogspot.com/2008/11/norwegian-headlines.html).

Some wonderful pictures too - I love the one from NYC with the girl in the red shirt clasping her hands together. What a look on her face. :-)

Leisha Camden said...

btw, I stole that cartoon and posted it on my blog too. ;-)