Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Obama Nation

Whew! What a night! What crazy emotions and the elation and joy and excitement and hope! Yeah!

Yesterday was an amazing day in history and we all got to live through it and see the other side! Things will always be different after this. This was one of those defining moments in history that you see in the movies and read in all the great books.

I am so filled with hope for what this country can do. I know that it will not be an easy journey, nor one without right wing criticism. But one thing I am doing now, that I can say I haven't done for a few years now, is look up at my future and the future of my niece and nephews and feel relief that the economy and health care and their future will be better. I am so excited! And I'm motivated to get more involved in the world around me - not for my church or my employer but because it's the right thing to do. Make the world better. Obama has inspired me and most of the people I know to reach into our communities and make the world better.

How the videos played out through the day:
Pre-election coverage:


This is MSNBC's summary of the election:


Historical Race:


McCain concedes not long after the polls closed on the west coast. I thought his speech was eloquent and thoughtful.


I'm sure we all watched Obama come out and give his acceptance speech.


So how did Utah do?
Utah's numbers:
Grand County (Moab area), Obama won:
Obama: 1,981
McCain: 1,787
Difference: 194

Summit County (Park City, Coalville, Kamas and Heber), Obama won:
Obama: 9,194
McCain: 6,691
Difference: 2,503

Salt Lake County, Obama lost, but by a pretty close margin:
Obama: 161,696
McCain: 163,579
Difference: 1,883

Think your vote doesn't count? It most certainly does! Click Here to see how counties around the country voted.

How happy am I? Well, here's today's daily shot:
Happy day to all!

No comments: