Friday, June 11, 2010

Are you kidding me!?

So! Summer wouldn't be summer if I didn't welcome it with an injury! I was out with Kirsten on Saturday, May 29. We were in the grocery store parking lot. I was returning the shopping cart to the cart return and I didn't see the rock! But I thought I would take a closer look at it and rolled my ankle on it.

"Hello, Jagged Rock! Not so nice to meet you!"

The sailor emerged from the mouth and the profanities spilled out as I bit back the tears.

It was eleven o'clock at night, so it was dark. Several cars in the parking lot turned on their brights and watched me writhe there in the darkness - cursing. I could see their silhouettes. Finally, out of nowhere, this guy came out to help me. Kirsten pulled the car up to me, because there was no way I was walking to the car. I got into the car and wept like a little girl. Stupid rock!

The guy who came to help me spoke broken English. He waved to me as he closed the door and in a thick accent, with a little smile, said, "Good luck." Indeed.

Here are the pictures as the bruises emerged through the first week.

May 29 - the day of the injury.


May 30 - Day 2
May 31 - Day 3

June 1 - Day 4

June 2 - Day 5

June 4 - Day 7

So, that is how I welcomed summer!

2 comments:

alisquire said...

Ow! I can't believe those bruises! Hopefully it gets better soon!

Unknown said...

That hurts me just looking at it! I think it's going to take quite a while to heal seeing where the bruising is. I wish that I could send over a kid to run errands and help you all day so that you could stay off of it!