Tuesday, December 7, 2010

My Mom's Injury

Eric and I were visiting his dad when I recieved a call from my mom that she had fallen and thought she had a broken ankle. She mentioned in passing that she'd cut her hand, as well.

I had a fleeting twinge of anger at my dad for leaving her in this position, to be alone and have to wait for me to drive through the thick fog to take her to the doctor. "Wait for 20 minutes for me to get there."

The flush of anger passed as quickly as it came.

Her sister met me at her house and we packed her into the car and took her to the nearest Instacare.

After some x-rays, it was confirmed that she had broken her ankle. The cut on her hand required 5 stitches.......so, that was how she welcomed the holidays.

I'm really grateful the fall wasn't worse and that her injury was relatively minor (no surgery).


1 comment:

Unknown said...

She's lucky to have you close by!