Sunday, April 10, 2011

Healthier Chocolate Chip Cookies

I've started making various meals, cookies, muffins, etc, on Sundays and then bagging them up to use during the week to come. It's too much to try and make them on the day I want to eat them....so this is another recipe I made today.

A friend of mine gave me this recipe which I have made my own in a few ways. These are healthier than normal chocolate chip cookies and they are very tasty.

¼ C butter
¼ C Pureed white beans (add water to make it the consistency of room temperature butter(aprox. ½ tsp water))
¼ C sugar
¼ C Splenda
½ C brown sugar
1 egg
½ tsp vanilla
½ C flour
½ C wheat flour
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 C rolled oats
1 C chocolate semi sweet chips

1. Combine the dry ingredients in one bowl: the flours, salt, soda, powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.

2. Puree the beans and pour into a bowl. Add butter and mix the two together. Add the sugars (white and brown) and mix. Mix in the egg and vanilla.

3. Add the flour to the liquid mixture. Mix completely.

4. Add rolled oats and mix thoroughly.

5. Add chocolate chips and combine.

Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes! (I bake mine for the full 12 minutes and then let them sit to complete the baking in the pan for a couple of minutes before I let them cool)

Super tasty. Thanks, Bethany, for the recipe.

One recipe I made for Valentine's Day was Heart Healthy Apple Muffins. I make them each Sunday and have them through the week. Yummy!

No comments: