Saturday, April 16, 2011

SLC Marathon 5K

Today was the Salt Lake City Marathon, which includes a marathon, half marathon, 5K and a few other events.

We've been preparing to walk it for a few weeks....It wasn't a super rough course, but there was one incline that was my wall. I had to really push myself, but I did it in pretty good time. I really wanted to set a pace for myself that was my own pace. Not Eric's or the pace of other walkers/runners, which can be hard to do when you're seeing people pass you by.

The goal is to walk another 5K in two weeks (MS walk) and do it in less time.

For me, this was a very personal journey to remotivate myself to get back into shape. I am proud of my accomplishment as I am for the accomplishment of my friends who ran other races. Jessica ran the half marathon and should be so proud! My other friend ran the full marathon.

Here are some of my pictures. I took them using my old camera because I wasn't about to try and drag the big camera during the walk. Maybe another time.
I'll post some of the other pictures as I get them from the company that took pictures.

5 comments:

Team Beardshall said...

Thats a fun one! Good job!

Rachelle said...

Great job Tina!

Maria Babin said...

good work!

Sandie's Spot said...

You did it!! That's the amazing part!

Jess said...

I had no idea!!! Awesome job Tina! Lets be clear...I WALKED the half :) But no matter, we did it! The entire time I walked all I thought was "My body CAN do this, it's always been my mind that keeps me from accomplishing things!" Good luck in the MS walk (I really should do that too, my mom has MS)