Monday, April 18, 2011

My Friend Bethany

I met my friend Bethany when our training team changed departments. When we moved to our new building, almost two years ago, my team was physically separated from each other to help us meet the department we had just joined. I was moved further away from my team and Bethany was my new neighbor.

I instantly like her. She never seemed to mind my inner turmoil; in fact she was very friendly and welcoming and was so real! I always have appreciated her real-ness.

She was our Principal trainer with the new system and she never let her stress outweigh her support of all the trainers. She may have broke down behind the scenes with my boss, but she was pretty good at not showing the world how stressed out she was.

Bethany took a new job this week and I miss my neighbor a lot, so we had a bit of a farewell lunch this past week.

Many of us will be joining Bethany and her family in the MS Walk on April 30. Her mom has had MS for 17 years and we want to help her find relief from the illness, and wouldn't it be nice to find a cure. Want to contribute? Click Here.

Bethany, you are awesome and stronger than you think, and I know you will flourish in the new position! I have loved working with you!

No comments: