Sunday, February 5, 2012

Healthy Recipes from Pinterest

As a Pinterest addict I have multiple boards of various topics. One of the boards is Healthy Eating. This past week I decided to try two of the recipes. I mean, why not? I had all the ingredients in the house waiting to be used, thanks to Bountiful Baskets, which I just L-O-V-E, love!!!

The first recipe I tried was Pan-Roasted Chicken With Lemon-Garlic Green Beans.
It was a fabulous recipe and the food was, mmmm-mmmmm-Good! I used canola oil instead of Extra Olive Oil, because that's what I had. I'll use a little less next time, but the lemons and garlic added such an amazing zing to the taste buds!

For dessert we had Apple Pie Baked in the Apples.
I used whatever apples I had from the week's basket. I didn't have brown sugar so that wasn't used. And I hardly ever bake or cook with sugar any more; I used splenda. The apples tasted so natural and delicious.

I took extra as left overs to work and they warmed up perfectly. Definately worth the try if you're looking for some new healthy recipes to add to dinner.

No comments: