Sunday, February 12, 2012

Why we Blog

I'm beginning to wonder why it is that we have a blog? Is it to share with an anonymous audience in hopes of gaining some fame (be it, local or within friends and/or family)?

If no one reads your blog, do you continue to blog? If you follow blogs, do you leave comments?

I'm just not sure of my purpose of blogging any more. It was to share my life with my family, but I find that many in my immediate family don't read my blog, so my reasons are close to moot.

Personally, I enjoy keeping up with my friends and family via their blogs.

This is me rambling (and doubting myself) on a Sunday evening.

4 comments:

Rachelle said...

I read. ;) I mostly blog as a way to journal and document things. I love to see your pictures on here.

tysqui said...

I have a horrible memory, so I blog to have a place to put my memories.

Sandy said...

I read it! And I haven't blogged for a while but I need to start again - I like the process - its cathartic and I don't care for fame...really it is all for me - details that make days special - those are lost if you just rely on the memory. Keep blogging. If not of us than for yourself. that's a good enough reason.

Mark said...

I don't read it daily, but I do read it.

Chalk up another vote for "because I have a bad memory" too. It's fun to go back and see pics of my kids and re-read my thoughts from a few years ago. So I guess I blog mostly for me and if other people care enough to read and comment, then that's nice too.