Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Powhatan and Jamestown

Back to our visit to Virginia. We stayed in a very nice condo in the Historic Powhatan Resort, which was our home, essentially. 
A couple of my favorite photos taken:
 After one rainstorm, was this fiery and amazing sunset!
 There was one single swan swimming in the pond/lake (depending on who you asked).

On a rainy day, we visited Jamestown, Virginia. I've never thought a ton about it, but it was surreal to walk through the town and consider the history of our country.  It was a bit sobering and I really enjoyed that there wasn't a crowd of people visiting with us.
Here are the photos I loved :

We hid from the rain in a shelter and found this Powhatan girl re-enacting life in the past. I struggled to get the correct camera settings to use the natural light coming in from a small doorway. That was the only light source, and I LOVED the way this photo turned out.


We didn't stay as long as we would have liked but we explored all we could before the rain made it through out clothing and skin down to the bone. 
Lucky for us, our condo had a magnificent bathtub and steam room. Yay!!!

No comments: