Sunday, November 8, 2009

October Picture Review

October was an active month as we all tried to get in as much pre-winter activity as possible.
Driving downtown I spotted this wonderful sunset! I really wanted to be in a better location (like the Great Salt Lake) or high on a mountain. I took the shot because I take what I can get, sometimes.
I love when the lighting in the evening is just perfect for pictures. This day in Sugarhouse park was one of those days. I loved the blues of the water and the colors of the fall leaves.
And then this man sat down in the midst of various birds with his daughter to throw out bread. It was a perfect shot.
My dad and I went out to Antelope Island in hopes of finding some fun shots. We were very lucky to find several herds of buffalo along side the road. Usually they are way up high. It was a very reverent experience to watch the buffalo cross the road.
When the sun set, my dad and I were ready on the west side of the island. We were eaten by mosquitoes, but it was awesome to watch the blue waters turn to orange lava in the sunset. Beautiful!
Early in October, Eric and I went to the zoo with Evan, Kirsten and Chance. There is a baby elephant, baby giraffe and baby monkey. It was a beautiful day and we had fun watching the animals. It's been forever since I was there and Hogle Zoo has changed a lot!
The first snow "storm" didn't last long. It hit mostly the mountains. My coworker and I went out the parking lot in hopes of finding a fun picture moment. We caught this snow cloud coming off the mountain.
I didn't do much for Halloween this year, which is totally out of the norm for me. But I worked that night and didn't have time to do a lot. We had trick-or-treating at work and my nephew, Chance, joined in. He was so stinkin' cute! It was so fun to watch him.
My costume at work...not super original, but it was the only one from the group that was 'scary.'

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love your pictures! I am smiling at how it took me a while to figure out what the picture on your header was of.

Don't you just love nature! I am always surprised at how many people don't notice the beauty around them.