Sunday, December 6, 2009

Thanksgiving in LA

Eric and I were so happy to fly to LA for our Thanksgiving holiday. We left SLC on Monday morning and spent the week in 70 degree weather. Yay!

On Wednesday Eric and I went to Elida's house and made pumpkin pies for Thanksgiving. We also made some empanadas for dinner and took them back to Sandy and April's that evening. They were delicious, if I say so myself.

Thanksgiving Day was a beautiful sunny day...it was a wonderful contrast to what we are used to in SLC. Loved it! April made a perfect turkey - I mean PERFECT! We were happy to find that we had plenty of potatoes and gravy (LOL!).

Here are my favorite pictures through Thanksgiving:
Making the pumpkin pie filling: Me and Sandy: April preps the turkey: The table is set: Damon carves the turkey: Elida and Mason await the food. Mason has mastered the Lisonbee blank stare: The table is almost ready for the eating to begin. Mmmm, rolls: Did I mention that the turkey was really tasty? Cuz it was: Of course, after all that food comes the turkey stupor: Sandy and Elida: We ended the evening with some Phase 10...and we were begging to be put out of our misery by about Phase 6..but we made it all the way through. (note to self: Sandy is picking up a yellow two. That's a 'yellow two') Thanksgiving rocked! We just might have to do it again next year.

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

That food looks so good! I think I could get used to having Thanksgiving in the 70's. :)

Mark said...

Wow, Tina. It looks like you've lost some weight. Great job! Looks like a fun trip too.

Sandy said...

LOL! (Note to self....) & (MMMM...Rolls)...you crack me up.
lets do it again next year?