Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Addicted to Pinterest

So I've become an addict to Pinterest. I love that I can create a virtual board of the things that interest me, or ideas to use in my life.

There are some who spend hours and hours on Pinterest, and although, I'm sure I could join them, I can't bring myself to spend my time solely pinning. I want to use the ideas I find, so that's what I've done.

I've even created a board for items I've tried because of Pinterest. As I try new items, I'll add them to my board and blog about them.

One recipe I tried, because of the ease, was a Pumpkin Muffin recipe:

Ingredients:
1 Can pumpkin Pure (not pie mix)
1 box spice cake mix

Instructions:
Mix the can and cake mix well. Do not add water, eggs or oil. It will be thick and sticky.
I added 6 oz mini chocolate chips.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. These are delicious and SO easy!


When we were planning my mom's retirement party, my sisters and I shared a board and placed ideas for decorations and food onto the board. When the time came to start making the decorations, the plan was so easy because we could visualize the decorations to make the theme we wanted. Here are the decorations from the party that were a result (in some way) of that board on Pinterest.
The candles in a jar with salt lit the stairs and pathway:
We created the poofs using plastic table cloths in the color we wanted. We tried tissue paper but it wasn't as good:
We used old maps to make the map garland:
Our theme was based on traveling so we covered boxes in brown paper. We used brown ribbon and rivets to make it look like luggage. We downloaded images of actual vintage luggage stickers and glued them on:
Now you see how I've been using my Pinterest addiction. I will be using it for the holiday treats and other ideas as they get closer. Yay!

No comments: